Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Engine/header paint

has anyone had any luck with those diffrent engine and header paints they sell at all the auto parts stores?

i got some crap at walmart a few years ago and after cleaning and painting the engine out of the car and dropping it in i got about 5 miles up the road and all the paint had burned off and it left a white powdery coating on the block and heads.

im looking for a good ford blue for my block and heads and a black for the bare steel headers. something chemical resistant would be nice too incase some gas or carb cleaner misses the mark or w/e

Thanks

i have had good luck with VHT engine paint. as far as headers id have them coated. normally around 250 or so and they stay nice. till oil get on them and bakes on. i still have to clean mine back up.

yea idk if im ready to throw 250 at 'em. thats about 3x my purchace price lol.

yeah but coated headers will out live the car. worth 250 in my book. last set i had done cost me 225 thru afi in dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by 250mav View Post
    yea idk if im ready to throw 250 at 'em. thats about 3x my purchace price lol.
    If your paint has marbles in it, it aint gonna last on headers.
    1970 MACH 1 C4 393 Windsor
    1975 Bricklin AOD 357 Windsor

If you decide to have your headers coated, you might want to give "Aesthetic Finishers" a call.
    Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Night Mare View Post
    If you decide to have your headers coated, you might want to give "Aesthetic Finishers" a call.
    Ahh i see...That is how i coat my headers. Nice, it helps me..

What we're trying to tell you, is that you aren't going to find a paint at the auto parts store that will do what you're looking for. All those paints they sell for painting headers will either burn off, blue, or just plain look like crap in short order. Answer your question?
    Vic