Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Just reporting in!

Hello, i found this site from the TCCOA.
    I am building a 94 Thunderbird S/C 5.0 conversion. This site looked like the place to be for my transmission questions. I am installing a 5.0 from a 93 Cougar, with Gt-40 iron heads, M-6250-E303 cam, 94/95 ford motorsport svo intake with 65mm throttle body. The rear axle has 3.73 gears and i have the original 4r70w that came with the car stock. I would like to find out what my best transmission options are without breaking the bank. I have heard something about using the 4r70w gearset in a aod which is something i am interested in. At first i thought i might just use the 4r70w transmission but after posting questions about the feasablity of having the S/C pcm worked over at blue oval chips, i did not recieve an answer. So i purchased at complete set up from A 91 cougar and that brings me back to using the aod. So anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks alot....
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Freak View Post
    I was referred here by SilverFox on the TCCoA site. I am undertaking my first tranny rebuild ever. I bought an 87 5.0 Tbird to replace my 96 Tbird that the Ice Queen took... Anyway, it was sitting for about a year when I bought it for $100.00. Was parked because it would not shift out of 1st. The tranny was rebuilt in Mar 05 and has about 20K on it. I have tried flushing and new filter/fluid, T.V. cable was broken (Now fixed) but cannot get it to shift. I have just finished tearing it down into the sub assemblies and don't know where to go from here. All of the bushings/parts etc... look fine, but then I don't know what I am looking at yet. $ is limited now so I need to fix it on a shoe string for now. I have a spare AOD (condition unknown) that came with the car that I am going to "Bullet proof" later. So after all of that here are my current questions... 1- How can I determine what year this tranny is? It is very clean, painted inside and I think but don't know that it was a swap.
    2- What is the difference between cast and stamped drums? I am trying to figure out what rebuild kit I need and this is mentioned alot. 3- The overdrive band is red on the outer edges and black in the center. Is it burned up? This tranny will not be abused anytime soon as I have not done any mods to the car, it needs to roll first. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated!
    Check the valvebody. There is a stem on the side of the body where the linkage connects to a large slide valve, next to it is the throttle shift valve, press it down with your finger. It should freely move in and out on it's own, with some spring tension. If it sticks try lightly forcing it in and out. If this does not work carefully remove top plate of body. There are 3 round plates and a 5/16 head bolt on one end. If you don't know about the check balls in the body then do not tip it, keep flat and level, carefully pull up on the plate, trying not to tear the gasget, clean the area of the sticking valve with Carb cleaner, then pour some STP over the valve and work the valve as previously mentioned until it feels completely smooth with no binding or catching at all. Hope this is helpfull to you. And also check to see if TV cable is adjusted properly and not binding anywhere. I feel kinda stupid, I just noticed this was an old post!
    Last edited by 03gt04mach1; 09-08-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Hello to CLICKCLICKRACING!! I spotted the web site in Mucsle Mustang Fast Ford Magazine. I was hoping there was a site somewhere for Automatics. Being an x rebuilder I was happy to find you. I am no longer a rebuilder, since having bladder cancer. Too many chemicals caught up with me. The doctors said I was to young and were shocked that I got this cancer since I never smoked or even drank much. But maybe I can still help others with their Trans problems. My wife and I own a 03 Mustang GT and an 04 Mach1. I own the GT. I keep the cars looking good, but since my surgery I don't do anything in the major upgrade catagory. I wish I knew how to send pictures but, I'm not savy enough. I know the Mach is of intrest to most people but my GT is not basic either. So thanks to the one who came up with this web site.
    Last edited by 03gt04mach1; 09-08-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Hey,
    1986 GT
    347 N/A 11:1 comp
    AOD
    1986 GT
    347 n/a 11:1 comp
    AOD Lentech
    4.56 gears
    11.47@118

1989 Ford mustang 302
    373 gears with locker
    Tremec 3550
    26" et streets
    .510 lunati cam
    stock e5 heads
    So far the car has been 12.98 at 106 with the 5 speed

I've been installing the aod this week, should be done by sunday, 3000 stall lockup, A+ servo, shift kit, and kevlar bands, i hope this thing runs as good as it did with the 5 speed, otherwise its coming out and a 5 speeds going back in it LOL.

Here some pics

http://www.clickclickracing.com/foru...1&d=1192827030
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=127539&id=50806323

http://www.clickclickracing.com/foru...1&d=1192826470

http://www.clickclickracing.com/foru...1&d=1192826513
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TruStrtNotch; 10-19-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Hey everybody! Name's Kevin, from Michigan, 16 years old. My set-up:
    1987 Mustang LX 5.0
    Black ext. with black and red int.
    All Stock and looking to improve!
    Referred by Tony 90fox to a "Silverfox" to build my aod!

Oh, yeah... I am from the Modded Mustangs Forum too!

I too am from mm.....and was rec. to mr silverfox to build a strong AODE tran...my problem is that I am in Mexico.....so is there anyway you can tell me what parts or point me in the right direction so I can do this project here....any help would be great and I am new to here and dont know my way around yet so feel free to email me at corbin@paamul.net....thanks guys

Hey Everyone,

Found the site via my friend Matt aka Turbo331. Looking forward to get back to where I used to be

April

Hello. My name is Robert. My current project is a beautiful '93 Tbird with a 5.0 and an arrow straight body. I've always liked the Tbird but was never interested in Mustangs. That being said, I now have my eye on a '92 stang coupe with a 4 banger in it. But back to my bird.It runs great but needs a tranny. I'm probably going to rebuild it myself so I've been lurking and learning from you on this great site. You've already been a lot more help than you can imagine. I came across this site through Silverfox and Dirtydog on TCCOA.