Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can I secure tv pressure lever in full position for racing?

I have a nostalgia Gasser running an aod. It has shift kit, epoxy mod, and Edge 3800 converter. I'm using Lokar tv cable but don't think it is pulling lever full open. Could I secure tv lever full open if it is just 1/8 mile racing ? I would go back to cable for any street use.

Ok, I got the Lokar cable adjusted now. I'm still curious if you could run an aod on the strip with tv lever secured full pressure?

Yes you sure can....You will have to learn where it shifts....shift rpm will just land where it is, and won;t change too much, without TV cable you just go with the wind and hope it shifts where you want it

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Yes you sure can....You will have to learn where it shifts....shift rpm will just land where it is, and won;t change too much, without TV cable you just go with the wind and hope it shifts where you want it
    thanks for he answer. I got the Lokar cable working now. I did the epoxy mod and it shifts 123 now but I changed converter at same time and the shifts are mushy and slow now. Before it had crisp shifts but had to do shuffle. Do you think this is from loose 3800 stall converter or something else.? I will get with you soon for one of your manual valve bodies!