Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Installing Hub In Direct Clutch Pack - AOD

I have two manuals I am referring to. One says to install both the thrust washer and the #7 bearing prior to installing the hub into the Direct clutch pack. The other says that the AOD only has the thrust bearing and the AODE has both the thrust washer and the bearing.

When I install both, the hub doesn't appear to be fully seated and sits higher that the pressure plate. When I install only the thrust bearing, the hub sits flush with the pressure plate.

Any help would be appreciated...

thanks

That is how it is...little higher
    washer, then bearing, then hub

Got it. Thanks. I just seems hub doesn’t seat all the way down when I include the bearing. I’ll keep working it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    That is how it is...little higher
    washer, then bearing, then hub

Ok. Got it to all to fit. One problem...kind of embarrassed. I have two snap rings left over. They are 5.6” diameter and .18 “ wide. I looked at my clutch packs and everything is all buttoned up. The end of the snap rings are flat. They don’t have the curved ends. I went through everything including the manual and I can’t figure out where they came from.

. Thanks

Those are drum snaprings...rev or fwd.
    You should not have left over anything if you didn't add anything....just saying.
    There is a snapring that holds the rear hub to the ring gear, that snapring is easily confused with the rings shown...but the hub ring is wavy and springy - do not use it in the a drum on accident.

I had bought a couple snap rings that I thought were thinner than the ones I had. I forgot I had bought a couple. . This build has been stretched over several weeks. I’m forgetting what I did and bought.