Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

4R70 New set up with Quick 4 controller won't shift

To start with from what I've checked out so far, I don't think the quick 4 is the cause of the issue. This is a custom trans that had shifted fine in the past using a Ford EEC V controller. The EEC was removed and engine now is controlled by a Holley HP. As part of the cars repowering the trans was freshened with new clutches and steels, seals and gaskets. Trans is a 2004 case and internals, It has been changed to the 2.40 first gear planetary. Valve body is a 2004 Mach 1. The only new mods to the valve body are a Sonnax LB1 spring and stiffener plate.

Electrically all wiring from controller to trans checks fine. Resistance to solenoid's all are correct. Analog MLPS sensor reads to controller correctly. OSS is reading, as I get speed on the controller. TPS is also reading correct. No errors come up on the controller.

In Drive the car starts in 2nd. It will pull into manual 1. Shift solenoid operation is correct for commanded gear. Using manual mode on the controller, in drive it will shift 2,3,4. It will not auto shift. No 1st unless M1.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks, Mike...

I am curious what Baumann will say. Get ahold of them.
    If you can get 1-2-3 with manual shift...that would confirm the solenoids are operating.
    It sounds like you are not getting a speed signal to the box.

Baumann has been very quick to respond to all my questions on Facebook messenger

let us know what happens for sure.

I've talked with the tech guy at Baumann a couple times. Final thoughts were to send the controller back to them for a firmware update and bench test. I sent the controller back this week, and it's on it's way back to me now. I'll know soon if this was the issue. Fingers crossed.

what did they charge for the update??