Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Shift kit for AOD???

Hello Guys:
    What shift kit are most of you running?
    I am trying to get some ideas for a good reliable shift kit to put into a fresh build on a 1992 AOD out of a super coupe. The tranny is going into a 3700 lb street cruiser behind a warmed up and carberated 5 litre HO. I am basically gearing this to the same spec's as the super coupe to maximize streetability and hwy cruising. The drive train will be 5 litre HO backed up by AOD with 3.25 rear gears and 215 / 65 /15 tires and rims. I am looking for a positive shift with out barking the tires on every shift at normal driving and get rid of the shuffle shift of the AOD.
    I grew up in the late 60-early 70's and back then we had stage 1,2, & 3 shift kits then full manual valve bodies. I am basically looking for what was referred to as a stage 1 in my day. A positive shift at normal driving but when you stand on it, it gives a very solid, positive shift between gears. Thanks in advance for any info you can suggest.

If you are a DIY kind of shift kit installer
    Becontrols.com has the best shift kit IMO base on design and stages.

Thank you for the reply I will check them out.

I went with TransGo because it is recommended by my friends.

I went with TransGo because it is recommended by my friends.
    my car mods: AOD, transgo shift kit, TCI 2400 stall converter, external trans fluid cooler, nitto tires