Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

C4 slipping in 2nd gear?

I've been running this C4 in this car for many years now. The bevel washer (that big concave washer?) in the forward (or is it the direct?) clutch broke a couple of years ago and I redid all the clutches again then. I bought it used and the valve body has (I have no idea really) a shift improver kit of some kind in it but it is normal pattern and auto shifts as well. It has never "banged" 2nd gear but it now may be slipping? Hughs torque converter 4500 stall. Been running high 6's with some nitrous for some time now.

Car weighs 3,300 with me in it. 347 stroker and 4:11 gears in the back. This run was a 6.51 at 107 MPH (1/8th mile). Is it maybe just a matter of tightening the forward band?

May be time for another complete rebuild I guess...

https://youtu.be/xKs4Yd1C_JI

2nd gear shift issues are band related only
    So does it:
    Slip bang
    bind bang
    or just shift hard bang

Dan, thank you!

It shifts "good and solid" into 2nd and 3rd. It has never chirped the tires, etc. But it has been and is a heck of a good transmission for several years. I'm gonna look at the band adjustment. It may be a matter of "wearing" a bit and the slight additional engine upgrades that are putting more power/torque through it then ever before...

Mike