Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Epoxy mod & lubrication mods

I'm in the process of swapping out my worn out AOD for a rebuilt low milage Crown Vic AOD. The car came with an AOD out of a Lincoln so I needed the longer tail shaft. I'm looking to take the car to the Zip Tie Drags this weekend. I have a donor mustang AOD to rob the governor and 3k stall converter from.

My question is what lubrication mods should I perform? I was thinking of enlarging the governor feed hole and cutting an x in the input shaft. I'm Currently running a 3.00 open rear end, that I want to upgrade to a 3.55 trac-lok. I also want to get a silver Fox valve body with overdrive lock out in the future but don't have time to order parts.

Idk if vehicle weight and hp come into play for the AOD LUBRICATION mods but the car is 3500ish and hp is 225ish. I just want to be able to beat the piss out of the car in all 3 gears and drive it home.

If you are just going a swap...x cut the shaft and go on.
    There is little you can do without rebuilding it at the same time.
    happy beating!