Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1. Greetings from SoCal

Just found this forum, looks like a lot of good stuff here!

my neighbor gave me a 77 F100 stepside PU last year, and ive been busy fixin her up!

got a 5.0 engine in it with Trick Flo heads, Lunati Voodoo roller cam and Holley Sniper EFI.

i just bought a AOD core off craigslist.

I have most everything i need for a build, but i was on the fence about what (whos) converter to run, and how to set up the AOD.

i still need to buy a converter (suggestions welcome)

ive got Alto and transtar clutches and seal kit with Transgo AOD HP valve body reprogram kit

wide clutch drums for reverse, but standard AOD planetary.

Lunati suggests a min of 2500 converter with my engine set up, they recomemd a little more if i werent wanted to do any "truck things" with my truck.

anyway, about me, im currently a Toyota service tech in Socal, ive worked at Dodge for 10 yrs, Mitsubishi for 6, Toyota for about 14 yrs now, and done independents a couple of times, and did a 9 month sentence at Firebone when i had too many points on my DL...lol

regards, Duane

2. Duane you sound like a great Mentor70
    I only deal with premium converter builders, but for the stall you need something off the shelf would probably suffice very well.
    Just avoid anything with B&M written on it.

3. thanks for the replay, never used B&M, but have had bad luck with HUGHES, i will probably give Edge a call next week. i may put a Hellion Fox body turbo kit on it one day after my 65 Coronet post is running.