Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Need help wiring 4r70w trans brake, OD, & Lock Up for 03 Cobra

What are these 5 wires?

Black, White, Orange .......................Gray, Green (from left to right)?

I believe the 2 wire barrel solenoid (Gray, Green) is for lock up from other posts that I read (TCC Torque Converter Clutch solenoid for trans dummies like me) ? It appears that Gray is 12v switched( pin 8 ) & Green is neg (pin 3).

What about the 3 wire plug for the 2 shift solenoids beside that Black, White, Orange? They pin out to the external transmission connector, & I DO know which pin is which on the bulkhead from continuity testing. Just not sure what they are (NOT a trans guy).

Update: I found a clear picture of the 2 shift solenoids and they are labeled internally in the receptacle itself +, 1, 2. So it appears that orange is +, white is solenoid #1 & neg (overdrive pin #1), black is solenoid #2 & a neg (trans brake pin #6).

This is a mvb, trans brake, lock up triple disk Circle D converter. My plan is to wire LU, OD, LL (already installed & functional) to individual safety toggles & relays. Trans brake another toggle & relay, but also through the off button on the cruise control as well (momentary switch).

FYI, I have the T56 & 4r70w harnesses. I moved the needed items from the 4r70w into the T56 harness via adding pin in or soldering. So I should be okay with the harness. Going to use the manual position sensor to control back up lights & neutral/safety. May even wire in back up lights with trans brake, so don't have to flip the toggle to reverse. TBD. Sure there will be more questions over the next few days as I try to wrap this up.

LMK if any of these assumptions are incorrect.
    Last edited by Michael Hinchley; 09-20-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    03 Cobra Convertible, full bolt-on, e85, whipple 2.3, built SRA, 4r70w (in process).

One of the differences is some of the pin outs on pre-97 & post-98 are not the same. Looks like I have pre-97 solenoids & bulkhead, but post-98 4r70w harness.

On the harness, I had to add a wire to pin hole #1 because it was empty, but the bulkhead for the transmission was occupied.

I THINK I have it all figured out. Will know soon.
    Last edited by Michael Hinchley; 09-23-2014 at 05:31 AM.
    03 Cobra Convertible, full bolt-on, e85, whipple 2.3, built SRA, 4r70w (in process).

Depending on how you wish to wire it
    Orange can be grounded to the case, switch the black and white for TB and OD
    OR
    Hot the orange and switch white and black to ground

On the TCC, it makes not different, one is neg and one is pos - you decide.