Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How to launch AODů 3200 stall

I want to be able to launch hard with what I got. It is a 3200 Edge stall and soon to be 4.10s.

I have drag radials and 3.73s and the best 60 foot I can get is 1.99.

I basically footbrake it on the line just where it is about to spin and let go of the brake and floor it, and it isn't very impressive. I feel like I should almost floor it while still on the brake and let it spin a little bit.

Any help would be nice.
    90 lx hatch, AOD, Explorer intake, GT40 heads, TFS1 , Scorpion 1.72, BBK equal shorties, 2-1/2" O/R H-pipe, SPT1, Edge 3200 lockup, aluminum DS, 3.73. Lookin for 12.99

Well have you tried just mashing the gas off idle or just off idle? That would be my next step. If it still sucked and I knew it wasn't spinning, I'd begin to suspect that convertor you have isn't stalled right. Seen it a lot with off the shelf shit. Either that or ur motors really down on power which looking at what u have I doubt it's that bad.

Had the same problem with my T-Bird....... best 60-ft. was a consistent 2.13 (even with 4.10's)........ I thought maybe it was the V/Secondary carb. Damn thing left like a dump truck.......But, I used the trap speed and vehicle weight to find the HP....and it was really low....... I did a leak down test on the engine and it was HORRIBLE....like 85% at 35 PSI!! Spend $40 on a leak-down tester before you throw any money away taking wild-ass guesses.
    ""Getting on your feet, generally means getting off your ass, first.