Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PRW1830201 - will this flexplate work with 351C/4r70w?

It fills the bill for 164 tooth / 28 oz external balance, does anyone know if it gives the proper seating / depth for the torque converter?

http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/flywh...flexplate.html

It does appear that is the plate you would need, yes, let us know how it fits and the quality.
    I would get a person on the phone to confirm it will work for you.

That is definitely a good price for an SFI rated flexplate. Hope is works out.

Just fired off a contact/question form to PRW via their website asking if the flexplate was for a c4 or c6 application. If/when they get back to me I'll post the info up in case it might help the next guy.

And just to clarify, I should be OK with a c4 FP but not the c6, yes?

c4 good, c6 bad

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    c4 good, c6 bad
    Ok, cool. Thanks.

Still haven't heard back from PRW yet. The Hays 12-030 looks like it might work too, and is not too far off in price.

I have a couple of converter quotes from Circle D and Edge, and would like to get a couple more... maybe I'll just ask for a matching flexplate when I decide on a vendor for a converter so I know everything will match up right.

Just to wrap this thread up, I ended up going with a B&M Flexplate part # 50337... PRW never responded so I crossed them off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by DougG69 View Post
    Just to wrap this thread up, I ended up going with a B&M Flexplate part # 50337... PRW never responded so I crossed them off the list.
    So does the B&M 50337 fit the bill then? No issues with mounting flange depth, etc.?
    '71 Mustang: 10.3:1 408W SEFI-EDIS8 (EEC-V), modified 4R70W, FB 3000 stall multi-disc converter, 3.50:1 rear gears
    '79 Bronco: 8.5:1 408M SEFI-EDIS8 (EEC-IV), stock C6, reman converter, lots of extra fluid capacity and cooling, 4.11:1 rear gears

Quote Originally Posted by Mesozoic View Post
    So does the B&M 50337 fit the bill then? No issues with mounting flange depth, etc.?
    As it coincidentally just so happens... I have just now gotten around to swapping in the 4r70w. In fact, we just got the transmission mated up to the block yesterday... so your timing is pretty good for that question. And to answer it, the flexplate did let the converter bolt up just fine, no binding etc.

I used a Circle D converter, YMMV.

I'm hoping to wrap the install up over the next few days and get the car on the road again for the 28th (James Dean spring run in Fairmount, IN). Just gotta install the cooler/lines & wire it up & calibrate it... I hope

How'd it work out?!
    '71 Mustang: 10.3:1 408W SEFI-EDIS8 (EEC-V), modified 4R70W, FB 3000 stall multi-disc converter, 3.50:1 rear gears
    '79 Bronco: 8.5:1 408M SEFI-EDIS8 (EEC-IV), stock C6, reman converter, lots of extra fluid capacity and cooling, 4.11:1 rear gears