Hello there, is this your first visit?

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. What trans do i have?

    I bought an X race car [mustang] and this trans was thrown in the deal. Can anyone tell me what it is? The guy i got it from said Toplader,but some pics show it looking like a Jerico [Could i be lucky lol]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's black,4 doors and a small block

  2. What kinda of race car for what kinda of racing ? 4 speed ?

  3. more then likely a 4 speed toploader from a super quick search of the first part number on the case.

  4. C5 casting is 1965. It's a toploader 4 speed. Should have been in a Mustang with the shifter mounted on the rear of the tailhousing. Full size cars had the shifter mounted on the middle of the tailhousing. If the small tag is still riveted to the main housing it can be decoded.

  5. #5
    Exactly what I always called those was toploader, I have swapped them in older mustangs many times.
    Torque Converter Specialist
    If you have any questions or concerns relating to torque converters feel free to ask or email me

  6. That case was used from 1965 through 1967. The tag might narrow it down more. There may also be a partial VIN stamped somewhere on the case.

    Basically, a 4-speed top-loader. Probably a RUG or HEH transmission.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts