Hello there, is this your first visit?
Register

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

1. Differences in AOD Valve Bodies???

How can I tell the difference between certain AOD valve bodies? Are there just one type of valve body that worked with all AODs from 1980-93 or are there specific ones for certain year AODs? I have a spare AOD valve body that was given to me. Don't know which year it came from, but I just noticed subtle things when placing the valve body gasket between the valve body and separator plate. I was looking to put this valve body into my 91 LX since I removed all the valves and cleaned everything inside the valve body and also add the TransGo AOD-HP.

The gasket has a little cutout in the upper part marked in the upper red square and also there is no hole in the plate in the lower red box.

2. The notch is the 89+ "buzz" fix, there are more than one hole not in the plate.
    You can honestly use either gasket, no effect. The pre 89 gasket is obsolete, not sure why they even make it.